Name: Setsuko Shiba
General Appearance: Setsuko is a tall young man appearing in his early twenties. He has pale, fair skin, long lashes and high cheek bones. He has large ice blue eyes with a dark outline around his eyes making them stand out more than usual. Setsuko has a rather unkept appearance with messy hair and chin stubble. His hair is chin length and often in a messy ragged fashion, his hair is often someone spiked out in the back and sides. His bangs fall into his face often pushed out of his eyes with some between his eyes. Setsuko has a thin scar along his right eye often times keeping it closed. He also has a long scar slicing across his chest as well as one up along his neck and along his face across his nose. Due to the extent of his reshi he is often seen with pieces of frost stuck to him and his breath able to be seen as he has a hard time from keeping it from seeping out.
He wears a variation of the soul reaper uniform, the sleeves of the kimono reach to his elbows before they’re ripped and frayed, before replaced with tight sleeves and fingerless gloves. He wears his captain’s haori more like a cloak than anything, it’s sleeveless, those it is ripped and torn reaching down to just below his knees, though its unique in the aspect of it having a hood on it. He wears a light blue and white stash around his waist to hold it closed.
Strengths: Setsuko is good at turning his surroundings into obstacles and pieces for him to use when fighting. He’s also proficient at both close and short range when fighting switching between the two at any given moment.
Weaknesses: Setsuko has a rare illness that often causes him to suffer from dizzy spells, lightheadedness, shakiness, and coughing fits which often result in him coughing up blood, this sometimes occurs during combat. He is able to take medicine to reduce this, however doing so reduces his power and as such he doesn’t often take them unless told to.
He’s unable to control his reshi fully and as such it is often spilling out of him, due to it he doesn’t often have control of himself from freezing things.
Personality: He is quite brave and willing to act without hesitation, put herself in harm’s way to protect someone else; this seems to happen no matter who they are, be it a complete stranger or not. Setsuko often times even without a weapon will still try to protect someone or fight her foes, even if he knows it’s a losing battle. He is always willing to, or rather will always say what’s on his mind, or voice his beliefs regardless of how the other party may react.
Some would consider him quite rude, and insulting, referring to people mostly by only their given names, without adding an honorific or title, calling superiors, or people of great importance by their first name.
Setsuko is very duty bound, brash at times, because of this, and various other aspects in his personality; it often causes her to get in fights with other people when they question him, and how he acts. Because of this, people label him as violent and aggressive which isn’t entirely untrue.
Setsuko has a childish side of him and often likes to joke around or play pranks on people, though he acts even more like a child when someone tries to get him to take his medicine. Despite his happy seeming personality and how she seems to care for the people around him, he seems to be able to change personalities at the drop of a hat, changing to a person who's willing to kill anyone even if they've been close to them for years.
Historical Outline: He lived in District 79 of the Rukongai, Kusajishi. Setsuko was found and raised by his foster mother and father being raised by them along with his brother and sister. At the age of eight, his parents were executed for teason, by starting a small rebellion within the lower parts of the Rukongai that spread chaos by attack the soul reapers. The reason for this was because at this time the poorer districts were being treated wrongly and they sought to fight back.
Setsuko joined the Shin'ō Academy at a young age after his reiatsu began to develop and grow often leaving him freezing things or creating small snow storms at first when he was unable to control it. He rose to the top of his class in many of his classes while in the academy.
After becoming a soul reaper Setsuko participated in the battle of the soul society exhibiting great skill inside and out side of combat, being able to take control of a situation whether it be through orders or himself fighting. While at a young age for his efforts in the battle he was made Captain commander of the new guard.
Zanpakuto: Hien ōkami-shin (Ice flame wolf God)
Appearance: His Zanpakutō is unique in that it exists as a daisho sword pair, consisting of a Katana and a wakizashi. Their cross guards are octagons, decorated by a pattern of a snow flake with fire between the lines, and each sports a light-blue handle.
Release Phrase: Ice wolf boom and Ice god bellow, Flame wolf Howl and Flame God weep. Now raise your head and hunt
Shikai Appearance: Hien ōkami-shin’s shikai takes on the shape of two large bardiche daggers, however they are around 23inches instead of the normal dagger length. The edges are curved, even around the hilt. The blades are black with blue fabric around them, however the hilt seems to have a mechanism for attaching the blades together.
Shikai Abilities: Hien ōkami-shin’s abilities allow it generate ice formations such as spikes and walls, it’s also able to create and launch a wolf made of ice that will attack what its target to, however it is easily broken.
Bankai Name: Moeru kōri wa ōkami o poppu (Nickname so it won’t awaken fully, meaning “Flaming ice pops wolves.”)
True bankai name: Hien ōkami-shin no sensō no kemono (Ice Flame Wolf God’s War Beast)
Bankai Appearance: It takes on the form close to that of a regular bardiche, however it’s double sided, a blade on each end, however it is able to split in half connected by a chain. The grips of each one become spikes, similar to that of brass knuckles.*incomplete*
Forms a dark grey fur clothing that cover his arms becoming like wolves hide that cover's his torso with small spikes of ice protruding from the back, the front being held together by chains of what appears like wolves fangs. His eyes slit and his teeth sharpen a bit. His right hand becomes covered in ice being like claws while his zanpakuto becomes a large war axe, the blade of the weapon being almost a complete circle for the base however it sends in spiked edges, the handle/grip of the ax seems to be made of some sort of tusk.
Bankai Abilities: The bankai has the same abilities as the shikai however on a much larger scale. However it’s also able to shoot and control blue flames however instead of burning the seem to freeze things and cause extreme cold. The wolves it summons now become blue flames and are capable of spawning four others that track down and hunt their prey.
In the complete form it is also able to summon a large wolf like creature around 11 feet tall. The creature has spikes erupting from its back and large curved tusks coming from its mouth. While seeming mainly made of ice it can breath the blue flames and also has them erupt from the cracks in its body.
1. Shō (衝, Thrust) Pushes the target away from the caster.
4. Byakurai (白雷, Pale Lightning) The user fires a concentrated, powerful lightning bolt from their finger.
11. Tsuzuri Raiden (製本電, Bound Lightning) Electric current flows through any object the user touches and is able to lead electricity, damaging any target that is in contact with the object the current runs through.
31. Shakkahō (赤火砲, Red Fire Cannon) Fires a ball of red energy at a target.
Incantation: "Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south!" ("君臨者よ！血雨の仮面·万象·羽ばたき·ヒトの名を冠す者よ！焦熱と争乱、海隔て逆巻き南へと歩を進めよ！")
32. Ōkasen (黄火閃, Yellow Fire Flash) Fires a wide arc of yellow energy at a target.
33. Sōkatsui (蒼火墜, Blue Fire, Crash Down) Fires a burst of blue spiritual energy at a target in a similar manner to #31, but over a wider area and with more power.
Incantation: "Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws." ("君臨者よ！血肉の仮面·万象·羽ばたき·ヒトの名を冠する者よ！真理と節制、罪知らぬ夢の壁に僅かに爪を立てよ！")
54. Haien (廃炎, Abolishing Flames) Fires a blast of purple spiritual energy that will incinerate a target completely when it makes contact.
58. Tenran (闐嵐, Orchid Sky) A widening tornado-like blast is fired towards the target.
1. Sai (塞, Restrain) Locks a target's arms in place behind their back.
4. Hainawa (這縄, Crawling Rope) An energy rope entangles the target's arms.
8. Seki (斥, Repulse) Creates a round shield that seems to temporarily paralyze and repel whatever strikes it.
9. Geki (撃, Strike) Engulfs the target in red light, completely paralyzing them.
Incantation: "Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat!" ("自壊せよロンダニーニの黒犬!! 一読し・焼き払い・自ら喉を掻き切るがいい!")
9. Hōrin (崩輪, Disintegrating Circle) Causes an orange hued tendril with spiraling yellow patterns to erupt from the users hand and attempt to trap a target. the end of it remains in the hands of the user allowing them to control the path of the tendril before and after capture. The Kidō is able to connect with another one of itself if both have captured a target and bind them together.
Incantation: "Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and tear out your own throat!" ("自壊せよロンダニーニの黒犬!! 一読し・焼き払い・自ら喉を掻き切るがいい!")
21. Sekienton (赤煙遁, Red Smoke Escape) Creates a blast upon activation and is used like a ninja's smoke bomb.
26. Kyokko (曲光, Curved Light) Hides the target from sight, by bending light. The spell has the ability to totally hide the presence and reiatsu of the user or specified object.
30. Shitotsu Sansen (嘴突三閃, Beak-Piercing Triple Beam) Forming a golden triangle with one's finger, it shoots three beams of light that pin the target to one place on a surface, slamming into his or her body in three places in a shape of an equilateral triangle.
37. Tsuriboshi (吊星, Suspending Star) Creates a star-shaped cushion of Spiritual Energy, which anchors it to nearby objects with "ropes" of spirit particles. It can stop falling objects, acting like a safety net.
39. Enkosen (円閘扇, Arc Shield) Summons a shield of condensed reiatsu to block opponents' attacks.
58. Kakushitsuijaku (摑趾追雀, Summoning of the Tracking Sparrows) Tracks and locates any spiritual force the user focuses on. To activate it, the user must draw a circle on the ground, cut into four parts with a specific character in each. The incantation animates the circle, causing various numbers to appear within until the specific set is found. The number set seems to be a variation on longitude and latitude.